Go Back   The Diecast Aviation Web Site and Forum > Misc > Modifications, Refits & Repairs

Modifications, Refits & Repairs How too, take apart, refit and modify those bits of diecast. Hints, tips, how too? and why...

Old 9th August 2004
Flying Officer

Exclamation Where do I get Corgi missing or spare parts from?

I'm sure lots of newbies will want to know the answer to that. Just to kick start what I think is a valuable thread for all members

Last edited by snafu : 9th August 2004 at 16:49.

Old 9th August 2004
Pilot Officer

I was missing a landing gear door for my Linghtning so I got in touch with Corgi. The sent me a pack of all landing gear doors open and closed for free.

Old 9th August 2004
raff

Default Good idea

Good idea for a thread snafu.

Yup!

This is an area that Corgi excel in. I recently lost a gun panel off a 1/32 Spit. A quick call to the lady in the spares department, [known to the older hands as "Saint Nona of Leicester" ]and a replacement was with me the next day.

If there is a genuine problem this service isn't just limited to spares either . For example, the early Thunderbolts had seriously inadequate stands and they also replaced these FOC with the later more robust versions, again by return of post.

raff

Old 9th August 2004
Maintaining the Forum!

Ok guys,

You need to speak with Nona (Lovely and helpful lady) in the Corgi Spare Parts Department.....

Her number is:- 0116 282 6622

Her e-mail is:- info@corgi.co.uk

If sending an e-mail, please mark it for the attention of Nona though....

Service is normally top notch....

Old 9th August 2004
Group Captain

Corgi have been spot on with spare parts in my experience. I needed a new undercarriage door for my 78th FG TBolt, and they sent a new one very quickly. My Culdrose Sea King had too few "static" rotor blades and too many "flying" blades, after a quick phone call they send a whole new pack of static blades.

Despite the good spares service though, I still feel that the quality control is slipping, as these are last two models I bought in the Corgi range.

Old 9th August 2004
AllenTC2

How about us folks in the States?

I've only had to get missing parts once, and I got those through the retailer.

Old 9th August 2004
Glenshiel

Agree entirely with the earlier posts in this thread: Corgi's spare parts service is absolutely first-class.

Interesting to hear the comments about the Sea King rotor blade problems, as my RAF SAR version came with two sets of static blades. Problem soon solved by Nona, though!

Old 9th August 2004
Flight Lieutenant

Default Missing Bits and Defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenTC2
Mr. ATC2 - Your missing parts and problems should rightly be sorted out by dealer/retailer.

Corgi whilst very helpful are or have been quite cunning in this respect building up a customer database for their own direct marketing such as it is.

Old 9th August 2004
Air Chief Marshal

.. and they do occassionally charge..!!

Old 10th August 2004
Flying Officer

Get out of here - and that's my Utopian society ruined - again.

It's not the proverbial Tenner by any chance!!!!!

We live in an age of apologies. Apologies, false or true, are expected from the descendants of empire builders, slave owners, persecutors of heretics and from men who, in our eyes, just got it all wrong. So, with the age of 85 coming up shortly, I want to make an apology. It appears I must apologize for being male, white and European. - Alec Guinness

Old 10th August 2004
Air Chief Marshal

Twice that if they knew it was you..!!

Old 11th August 2004
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenTC2
How about us folks in the States?

Allen,

The best place to get parts here in the states is to email Corgi UK in Britain (Nona is a goddess). Just email them attention Nona in spares, and she is usually top notch at getting them. I have also tried Corgi USA HQ in Chicago, but they are pretty much only good for replacement stands.
Hope that helps

Old 11th August 2004
Maintaining the Forum!

Nice advice Brad as this is most inportant for you guys over the pond!! Whats the avialability of the AA's and such like in your area's and are there many collectors? (If you are aware).

Old 11th August 2004
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFBC
Nice advice Brad as this is most inportant for you guys over the pond!! Whats the avialability of the AA's and such like in your area's and are there many collectors? (If you are aware).
Well, over here in the states the Corgi diecast airplane market is limited to a few hobby stores. If you are lucky you'll find 1 or possibly two hobby stores in or near major cities that carry them. And if you are lucky to to find a place that carries corgi, they usually only have 5-10 models in stock total and they are usually priced higher than the SRPP, which leads to them sitting on the shelves collecting dust. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, which I blame the Corgi marketing dept for. The only real place to find corgi's is online, there are about 7 companies within the US that are dedicated to carrying the full line, and thats about it.

We don't have near the amount of airshows that you guys do over in the UK, and the airshows that do go on are usually 100's of miles away, being such a large country and all. I've been to the Dayton Int'l Airshow at Wright Patterson AFB a few times, and have never seen any diecast vendors present.

We also do not have diecast fairs or toy fairs, so that takes those opportunities away.

I got lucky a couple of years ago and stumbled onto Corgi AA while looking for additional Matchbox Collectibles Aviation models online. Decided to buy a couple to see what they were like and the rest is history. I seriously don't see Corgi making an impact in the US market unless they make some fundamental changes in their production, marketing, pricing and distribution. They have such a good product that if only marketed and distributed properly to Adult Collectors (forget this legends crap), they could make a killing. I also remember Albert saying that $50000 went into the casting and development of each tooling. Well no wonder they can't make a decent profit. I simply can't fathom it costing that much to make diecast molds. Did they go through a bidding process on this deal? A mold is not that complicated to make. Certainly they could find less expensive ways of development without hindering the final quality of the product.

Oh well, that's my rant for now

Old 12th August 2004
Flying Officer

]
I've had an e mail from Nona and her slightly different e mail is info@corgiclassics.co.uk.

Old 13th August 2004
nona starosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock1
Mr. ATC2 - Your missing parts and problems should rightly be sorted out by dealer/retailer.

Corgi whilst very helpful are or have been quite cunning in this respect building up a customer database for their own direct marketing such as it is.
Now come off it fellers - I do not keep a database and you never get follow ups from me. I try and help you! St Nona (minus halo)

Old 13th August 2004
Flight Lieutenant

Hey Nona!

Now here is one for you, I will also send it via e-mail. I would worship you if you could get me an arial for a hurricane.

Thanks!

Old 14th August 2004
Air Chief Marshal

Hi nona...

(or is it really Spock 1 operating under the covers..)

Nice to see another young lady on the forum.. ding dong... welcome..

.. you havent got a wheel for a Sunderland beaching trolley..!!

Old 14th August 2004
Brad

Hi nona! Thanks for all your help in the past and thanks ahead of time for your help in the future!

Old 14th August 2004
nona starosta

Oh for goodness sake - get off your knees and just send your address. Nona