Go Back   The Diecast Aviation Web Site and Forum > Misc > General Chit-Chat

General Chit-Chat Forum for both Aviation and Non-Aviation related chit-chat - within reason of course

Old 19th June 2008
Pilot Officer

Question Corgi Spares - Where do I get spare Parts from?

Anyone needing to contact Corgi for spare parts should now try contacting Hornby Spares at:

Hornby Hobbies Ltd
Enterprise Road
Westwood Industrial Estate
Margate
Kent CT9 4JX

Tel +44 (0)1843 233500
Fax +44 (0)1843 233513

E-mail - spares@Hornby.com

Unfortunately Corgi Spares in Leicester is no longer running and they have transferred this to Hornby in Margate.
Hornby have responded to an e-mail request I sent to Helena a couple of days ago so they are currently picking up mails to the old address.

Regards

T64

Old 20th June 2008
Air Vice-Marshal

Thanks for that....always good to know.....

The one area of Corgi that met with a universal thumbs up and a hard act for Hornby to follow.....

Old 26th December 2008
Squadron Leader

I'll give 'em a thumbs up if I get my full under carriage options that weren't supply with my missile loaded typhoon. Just sent them a rather nice and friendly letter...no honest

Old 1st April 2009
Squadron Leader

Thumbs up

Email sent to Corgi spares Monday & got parts today , how that for service

Old 2nd April 2009
Group Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksubs View Post
Email sent to Corgi spares Monday & got parts today , how that for service
Good for you mate...it absolutely sucks when you are not in the UK and you are still waiting 4 months after your request was mailed/e-Mailed.

Rhymes with Bankers! I guess they are one and the same these days.

Thawn'on Heef...

Last edited by Garethster : 2nd April 2009 at 01:01.

Old 2nd April 2009
Group Captain

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethster View Post
Good for you mate...it absolutely sucks when you are not in the UK and you are still waiting 4 months after your request was mailed/e-Mailed.

Yeah -- I'm in the same boat (*insert cricket sounds here*). Frustrating, actually. Really considering how much I want to do business with Cornby in the future. So far, I've only bought 2 new Cornby models since January 2008.

/U

Last edited by Upkeep : 2nd April 2009 at 02:11. Reason: sp

Old 2nd April 2009
Squadron Leader

Red face

Quote:

I have corgi spares phone no if that help 01843 233500 x 3699

Old 2nd April 2009
Wing Commander

I'm in the UK and I've been waiting since October for some parts. Got 2 or three orders in after a couple of disasters with shelving.

I like Corgi and Hobbymaster Co-founder member of the "I don't collect 1/32 scale" Club

"A dh'innse na Firinn"

Old 2nd April 2009
Group Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksubs View Post
I have corgi spares phone no if that help 01843 233500 x 3699
Thanks UKSubs, I hope you didn't take my rant as a personal attack directed at you - it was definitely not intended that way

Actually I have phoned Corgi Spares and was directed to send them an e-Mail with my request - that was back in December

Thawn'on Heef...

Old 2nd April 2009
Squadron Leader

Smile

Quote:
Thanks UKSubs, I hope you didn't take my rant as a personal attack directed at you - it was definitely not intended that way

Actually I have phoned Corgi Spares and was directed to send them an e-Mail with my request - that was back in December

Send me a pm with the parts you want & are email them the details & get the parts sent to me , then are send them to you & are do the same for Upkeep to if he wants

Old 2nd April 2009
Pilot Officer

I emailed them on 26th Feb about a missing undercarriage door from my Saudi Tornado. I got an automated acknowledgement, but nothing since then.

I tried phoning several times and each time I sat on hold in a queue until my patience ran out and I hung up. I once tried selecting the option on the automated switchboard for repair enquiries, but all that did was direct me to leave my contact details so that they could call me back. As they already had my details in the email I sent and were ignoring them, there didn't seem much point!

Thankfully, those nice people in darkest Norfolk who sold me the Tornado came to my rescue with a replacement part. They could certainly teach Hornby something about customer care!

Old 2nd April 2009
Pilot Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafire47 View Post
I emailed them on 26th Feb about a missing undercarriage door from my Saudi Tornado. I got an automated acknowledgement, but nothing since then.

I tried phoning several times and each time I sat on hold in a queue until my patience ran out and I hung up. I once tried selecting the option on the automated switchboard for repair enquiries, but all that did was direct me to leave my contact details so that they could call me back. As they already had my details in the email I sent and were ignoring them, there didn't seem much point!
Exactly the same experience.

Admittedly, some models I have damaged myself but I'm happy to pay a reasonable price for replacement parts.

On the other hand their Quality Control is not world class and missing pieces/poor design have happened more often than, in IMO, they should. Sometimes I wonder HOW they can omit pieces - I've a B-25 missing part of the engine nacelle that must have been quite difficult to ignore during assembly, but it was - and passed "inspection".

Doubly irritating as "spares" was a real strength of the old Corgi - polite even if they couldn't help - I was always left feeling part of a club rather than a dupe....

I infer the message the current situation sends is that "customer service" is a very low priority the new Corgi - although I gather they are issuing stickers to cover their Vulcan cock-up....who's paying the postage incidentally?

Would I be over-cynical if I thought they have only taken action on the Vulcan because they are contravening the law by incorrectly describing the product?

Can you think of any other product at a similar unit price where the manufacturer can get away with such a disregard for customer complaints?

Old 2nd April 2009
Wing Commander

Well i have sent them a email so lets just see what happens

USAF Manual

Old 3rd April 2009
Pilot Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafire47 View Post

Thankfully, those nice people in darkest Norfolk who sold me the Tornado came to my rescue with a replacement part. They could certainly teach Hornby something about customer care!

My Knight Lancaster arrived from Corgi Direct (used my token voucher for it!)with a couple of missing parts. Have e-mailed spares@hornby .com twice about it now - get the automated response like you. However, I also sent my with a "Read request" on it, and twice got the automated response that someone had actually read the message. But still no reply.

I can't defend Hornby/Corgi on this one - their customer follow-up in this area is lousy!

Old 3rd April 2009
Wing Commander

I will ring them today and ask what is going on.

I like Corgi and Hobbymaster Co-founder member of the "I don't collect 1/32 scale" Club

"A dh'innse na Firinn"

Old 3rd April 2009
Flying Officer

As posted before, I tried contacting Corgi about the fact that the arm was missing from the stand for my 1/72nd Shuttleworth Sea Hurricane. No acknowledgement, no reply, no stand. Total Customer Disservice!

Old 3rd April 2009
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsfotos View Post
As posted before, I tried contacting Corgi about the fact that the arm was missing from the stand for my 1/72nd Shuttleworth Sea Hurricane. No acknowledgement, no reply, no stand. Total Customer Disservice!
Why don't you go back to your retailer for this, if you bought one from me I'd send you a stand. Why is this down to Corgi?

You bought an incomplete item, the onus is on your retailer, what have they said?

Old 4th April 2009
Maintaining the Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsfotos View Post
I agree with TLIMS. Have you or are you able to go back to your retailer or the place you bought it? I take it this is brand new?

Old 4th April 2009
Pilot Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFBC View Post
I agree with TLIMS. Have you or are you able to go back to your retailer or the place you bought it? I take it this is brand new?
Up to a point, I agree - the retailer could/should provide major items like stands that have been missed out.

But three considerations:

1. How do collectors get replacements for parts that are accidentally damaged or lost by themselves? Sadly it happens..

2. Who carries the cost of poor quality control at Corgi? I suspect it's the retailer so Corgi's accountants must be very happy. There must be a limit to retailers largesse?

3. Are retailers expected to carry a large stock of free spares, or cannibalise etc. What about those parts the retailer cannot provide? Do retailers have better access to Corgi or are they just expected to take the flak?

Old 4th April 2009
Maintaining the Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK View Post
Up to a point, I agree - the retailer could/should provide major items like stands that have been missed out.

But three considerations:

1. How do collectors get replacements for parts that are accidentally damaged or lost by themselves? Sadly it happens..

Agreed that is Corgi spare.

2. Who carries the cost of poor quality control at Corgi? I suspect it's the retailer so Corgi's accountants must be very happy. There must be a limit to retailers largesse?

No, any defective items get sent back to Corgi ala any retailer and manufacturer in any retail outlet...

3. Are retailers expected to carry a large stock of free spares, or cannibalise etc. What about those parts the retailer cannot provide? Do retailers have better access to Corgi or are they just expected to take the flak?

No. Don't expect that at all. It's their decision, but if an item is defective upoin purchase (new), then it is down to the retailer to exchange, refund or come to some arrangement, etc. Ok, I know this is nearly impossible for oversea's, ebay and over the internet, etc., but the same does apply...

In practice, not always easy I know. Trust me, we have all been there.

See above DK. Likewise I agree with you and it ain't as easy as it all sounds I know... I was talking about a new item (new release) and hence my parting question to SF if it is new...

Last edited by CFBC : 4th April 2009 at 08:28.