Go Back   The Diecast Aviation Web Site and Forum > Military > 1/72nd Warbirds

1/72nd Warbirds For all things Prop and Merlin!!!

Old 19th March 2012
Pilot Officer

Post Arado Ar 234?

Hello new here

Can anyone tell me if at some point in the past Corgi as a part of their aviation archive series produced an Arado Ar 234?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arado_Ar_234

I would like one but only seem to be able to find these in kit form, thanks.

Old 19th March 2012
Group Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
Hello new here

Can anyone tell me if at some point in the past Corgi as a part of their aviation archive series produced an Arado Ar 234?

Hello and welcome aboard Mr. Smith. I think you'll find the only diecast Arado 234's produced to date were the IXO/Altaya and the Diverse Images 1/72 scale (Limited edtion of 25). Personally I don't have either so cannot comment on them, but using the search function in the menu bar will yield a number of threads with mention of this aircraft.

If you have a minute, (and as an introduction) I'm sure the forum members would be keen to hear about your particular interest(s) in the world of diecast aircraft.

Post corrected regarding the scale of the IXo/Altaya offering

Thawn'on Heef...

Last edited by Garethster : 19th March 2012 at 07:14.

Old 19th March 2012
Pilot Officer

Smile

Hello Wing Commander

thank you for the welcome

I live down in Tasmania, Australia

I am fairly new to diecast aircraft collecting, I started off around a year ago with the Fighter Aircraft collection:

http://fighteraircraftcollection.com.au/collection.htm

We are now up to number 27 in this here.

I have recently been interested in the Corgi The Aviation Archive,
I was in a local hobby shop and was admiring: AA33708 Heinkel He 111H-6 Diecast Model Luftwaffe StG 3, Libya, 1941
really caught my eye how striking this model was, with the detail, the nice paintwork etc....so I had to have it:

so far I have purschased:

AA33708 Heinkel He 111H-6 Diecast Model Luftwaffe StG 3, Libya, 1941
AA38501 Oberleutnant Hans-Jochim Jabs, Messerschmitt Bf110C
49205 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 - von Werra
AA32104 Messerschmitt BF109E-1 Staffelkapitan Eduard Neuman

-
SO just a few to start with, hope to add a few more over time when I can afford them. They are all still boxed up and packed away till I can purschase a glass display cabinet to show them off in.

Thanks for listening

Old 19th March 2012
Wing Commander

Mr Smith, welcome and be prepaired for this hobby to take over and spend all your hard earned cash

Good to see you like the Luftwaffe stuff, Corgi do some nice stuff especially the Heinkel

The Beautiful Buccaneer

Old 19th March 2012
Pilot Officer

Quote:
Hello new here

Welcome from another Oz. Corgi never made an Ar-234, but IXO did in 1:72. There are two versions available - one with a V1 piggybacked on top (I think this only reached the drawingboard stage) and the other without. Both are identical otherwise. The IXO model is the Ar-234C (I think) and had four engines, two on either side, rather than the twin engines that were most common. Why IXO chose this uncommon variant is a wonder in itself. You can find these quite easily on eBay at the moment.

Old 19th March 2012
Group Captain

Mr Smith, I think you'll find that the Corgi Stuka and the Ju-52 are also very highly regarded.

This database link will give you a sample of the Corgi catalogue. Click on the aircraft name to get a larger image and more information on the model you are interested in.

A word of advice - Watch out for the "Civvy" gang on this forum. We guarantee you'll be in the poor house in short order

Thawn'on Heef...

Old 19th March 2012
Pilot Officer

Here's one for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARADO-AR-2...item1e6bed840c

I would sell my Granny for... a 1/32 prototype Spit

Old 19th March 2012
Squadron Leader

Hi Mr Smith and welcome aboard the good ship Empty Wallet it sounds like you've made a fine start with your Lufty collection

I have the IXO Arado 234C without the piggyback V1 (see here - my only contribution to wings900 ).

To be honest it's not a cracker, it's soft on detail, has heavy, raised panel lines and a very suspect scheme with no swazi.

Somewhere on here (if it survived last year's post cull ) are some pics by Edward Papazian of his re-work of the Blitz which is pretty .

Have fun

Old 19th March 2012
Squadron Leader

Hi Mr Smith. If the Luftwaffe is a key interest I would make a couple of suggestions:-

The Oxford Arado floatplane. This is a recent addition for me and for around GBP11 is a really nice model.

The IXO Henschel - one of the best in the IXO series. The IXO Heinkel UHU is a controversial choice but there is no denying that it is an impressive model when out of its box.

Finally the Gemini Aces Me109F is a little beauty.

Good hunting!!! And be prepared to be led astray by the members of this forum - both military and civil!!

Old 19th March 2012
Flight Lieutenant

Quote:
Hello new here

Welcolme!Ithink everybody on the Forum intrested in Luftwaffe models are waiting for a decent AR234 Blitz!

Old 19th March 2012
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Hi Mr Smith. If the Luftwaffe is a key interest I would make a couple of suggestions:-

The Oxford Arado floatplane. This is a recent addition for me and for around GBP11 is a really nice model.

The IXO Henschel - one of the best in the IXO series. The IXO Heinkel UHU is a controversial choice but there is no denying that it is an impressive model when out of its box.

Finally the Gemini Aces Me109F is a little beauty.

Good hunting!!! And be prepared to be led astray by the members of this forum - both military and civil!!

Agree with Sergei the UHU is an impressive beast.

Welcome to the DAF Mr Smith. I see the Antipodean invasion of the DAF continue from strength to strength.

Ya off to a grand start, the Pooch HE111 is one of their best. I dont envy you and what the prices are down in Tassie.

Be careful of those terrible lads that will try and convert you to Civvies (AgentX20) and the those darstadly 1:48 crowd.

Old 19th March 2012
Wing Commander

Welcome to the forum, MrSmith. Regarding the Arado 234, there are two of these models in diecast that I know of. One is a rather simplistic 1:96th scale rendition that was part of an old Atlas subscription series and is seen from time to time on eBay. The other is the more recent IXO version in 1:72nd scale that was a promotional ploy for its 1:144th scale bomber/transport/sea plane series. This one was a rather rare four engine variant that I modified by knocking off the twin engine sets and replacing them with single engines culled from a Dragon kit. Here's a picture of the model in its original form:

Old 19th March 2012
Wing Commander

And following its surgery:

Old 19th March 2012
Wing Commander

A different view:

Old 20th March 2012
Air Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Papazian View Post
if there was an 1/72 Arado Ar234B-1 like EPs was available to buy, I'd buy it!

"Well, that's a piece of luck. Thought I'd landed sausage side. Ha! Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls would kill themselves." Rik Mayall 1958-2014